AR Navigation training -Beechworth/Falls Creek, Victoria
Time & Location
About the Event
Team Thought Sports are teaming up with A1 Series and Tiger Adventure to provide skills training from some of the best navigators in the world of Adventure Racing. Rob and Kathryn Preston have represented Australia many times in Orienteering, Rogaining and Adventure racing and have over 50 years of navigation practice between them.
Navigation is often the key determinant of an Adventure Racing teams performance but is often overlooked in training, or left on the shoulders of the soul 'navigator' on the team. But everyone can learn to improve and contribute with some expert, personalised training.
This course will be held in Beechworth, before heading to Falls Creek in time for the Alpine Quest race.
What we will cover:
- We will cater for all levels of experience
- Both Foot and Mountain bike navigation covered
- Compare the differences between Orienteering maps and topographical maps
- Discuss techniques useful for any level of navigator
- How to use a compass
- How to navigate without a compass, or at night.
- Planning a route to to minimise mistakes.
- Contour interpretation
- How to share navigation across your team
- Numbers are limited and we will keep the coach to participant level low so you get the best attention
Preference will be given to participants who can attend both days, but please contact Rob on 0403296516 (rob AT thoughtsports.com.au) if you would like to attend one day only.
Course cost: $250pp, plus accommodation and food.
We will book accommodation on a needs basis so please indicate when you book if you also require accommodation.
- AR Navigation training - 2 day$0$00$0
- Sat only AR Nav training$0$00$0