AR Navigation training - Melbourne
Time & Location
About the Event
Team Thought Sports are teaming up with A1 Series to bring some of the best navigators in the world of Adventure Racing to Victoria for a weekend of skills training. Rob and Kathryn Preston have represented Australia many times in Orienteering, Rogaining and Adventure racing and have over 50 years of navigation practice between them.
Navigation is often the key determinant of an Adventure Racing teams performance but is often overlooked in training, or left on the shoulders of the soul 'navigator' on the team. But everyone can learn to improve and contribute with some expert, personalised training.
When: 9am-5pm Saturday 17th May, 9am-1pm Sunday 18th May.
This training is just 3 weeks prior to Geoquest so its a perfect opportunity to improve your skills. But there are many other races on the calendar if you are not racing Geoquest such as Hells Bells in August and Wildside in October.
We will cater for all levels of experience
- Both Foot and Mountain bike navigation covered
- Compare the differences between Orienteering maps and topographical maps
- Discuss techniques useful for any level of navigator
- How to use a compass
- How to navigate without a compass, or at night.
- Planning a route to to minimise mistakes.
- Contour interpretation
- How to share navigation across your team
- Numbers are limited and we will keep the coach to participant level low so you get the best attention
Preference will be given to participants who can attend both days, but please contact Rob on 0403296516 (rob AT thoughtsports.com.au) if you would like to attend one day only.
- AR Navigation training - 2 day$220$2200$0
- Sat only AR Nav training$140$1400$0