AR Navigation training - SE Queensland
Time & Location
About the Event
Team Thought Sports are teaming up with A1 Series and Tiger Adventure to bring some of the best navigators in the world of Adventure Racing to Queensland for a weekend of skills training. Rob and Kathryn Preston have represented Australia many times in Orienteering, Rogaining and Adventure racing and have over 50 years of navigation practice between them.
Navigation is often the key determinant of an Adventure Racing teams performance but is often overlooked in training, or left on the shoulders of the soul 'navigator' on the team. But everyone can learn to improve and contribute with some expert, personalised training.
When: 9am-5pm Saturday 13th April, Where: Saturday- Daisy Hill
Foot and Mountain bike navigation
6pm-8pm- Rogue100 planning session and strategy (included in your full course registration, otherwise single session including BBQ dinner as an option)
When: 9am-1pm Sunday 14th April. Where- Redbank Plains
If you are racing Rogue 100 Adventure Race the following weekend then this is targeted for you. But there are many other races on the calendar if you are not racing the Rogue such as Geoquest in June and Hells Bells in August.
We will cater for all levels of experience
- Both Foot and Mountain bike navigation covered
- Compare the differences between Orienteering maps and topographical maps
- Discuss techniques useful for any level of navigator
- How to use a compass
- How to navigate without a compass, or at night.
- Planning a route to to minimise mistakes.
- Contour interpretation
- How to share navigation across your team
- Numbers are limited and we will keep the coach to participant level low so you get the best attention
Preference will be given to participants who can attend both days, but please contact Rob on 0403296516 (rob AT thoughtsports.com.au) if you would like to attend one day only.
- AR Navigation training - 2 day$250$2500$0
- Sat only AR Nav training$140$1400$0
- Rogue100 planning and dinner$50$500$0