Sat, 03 Nov|
Location is TBD
Beginners Navigation training -Macedon, Victoria
Improve your navigation skills with training from Australia's best Adventure Race navigators Rob and Kathryn Preston.
Time & Location
03 Nov 2018, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Location is TBD
About the event
Team Thought Sports are teaming up with A1 Series and Tiger Adventure to bring some of the best navigators in the world of Adventure Racing to Newcastle for a weekend of skills training. Rob and Kathryn Preston have represented Australia many times in Orienteering, Rogaining and Adventure racing and have over 50 years of navigation practice between them.
Navigation is often the key determinant of an Adventure Racing teams performance but is often overlooked in training, or left on the shoulders of the soul 'navigator' on the team. But everyone can learn to improve and contribute with some expert, personalised training.
- We will cater for all levels of experience
- Both Foot and Mountain bike navigation covered
- Compare the differences between Orienteering maps and topographical maps
- Discuss techniques useful for any level of navigator
- How to use a compass
- How to navigate without a compass, or at night.
- Planning a route to to minimise mistakes.
- Contour interpretation
- How to share navigation across your team
- Numbers are limited and we will keep the coach to participant level low so you get the best attention
Course cost: $99pp
please contact Rob on 0403296516 (rob AT thoughtsports.com.au) if you have any questions
- Ticket type
AR Navigation training - 2 day
Invoices will be sent to participants when we reach the minimum number of registrationsPrice$250.00